A Themers Guide To The Galaxy!
Top 10 List Of Some Must Have Tools For Theming:
The List Of Tweaks:
- 1: ThemeIconMaker – Free
- 2: iFile – 2.99$
- 3: Gridlock – 1.99$
- 4: Springtomize2 – 2.99$
- 5: ColorKeyboard – 2.99$
- 6: BytaFont – Free
- 7: MultiIconMover – Free
- 8: Zeppelin – Free
- 9: Barrel – 2.99$
- 10: Winterboard – Free
ThemeIconMaker allows you to patch and fix any themed app icons, again the theme must come with auto icon masks. This is a essential tool to me because one thing that has always annoyed me is when a theme doesn’t make all your icons match.
ThemeIconMaker was created and developed by Philippe, and is a FREE download from the BigBoss repo in cydia.
How To Remove Lockscreen Elements?
Many Themes require you to remove the clock on your lockscreen. There are a couple of tweaks which allow you to do this.
- The first would be a tweak called “Lockscreen Clock Hide”. Which, hence the name will only remove the clock. This tweak is free from the modmyi repo in cydia and was developed by David Ashman (Stimpy5050).
- The Second tweak you could use is “Springtomize2″ which i would highly recommend due to the fact that this tweak offers a wide range of system abilities and settings. Springtomize2 is a premium tweak that brings allot to the table, available in cydia for $2.99 from the BigBoss repo. This tweak was developed by Filippo Biga.
- The Third tweak is “Slider Pro” don’t let the name fool ya! This tweak obviously allows you to remove your lockscreen clock, but also offers the ability to fully customize your lockscreen. The best part is Slider Pro is free from the modmyi repo. It was developed by a good friend of mine, greensnow.
Some Theme’s might require you to remove the bottom slider bar and the camera grabber.
- To remove the entire slider you can install “Slide To Unlock Killer” a free winterboard theme available from the modmyi repo. Developed by MCVince
- To remove the camera grabber you will need to install “NoCameraGrabber” a free tweak from the BigBoss repo. Developed by Hiraku
Customize Icon Layout’s
Iconoclasm & Iconoclasm Layout Maker
Developer: Yanik Magnan
Iconoclasm is a themers best friend when it comes to specific homescreen layouts. Many premium themes come with springboard widgets and or backgrounds that require a unique icon layout. This tweak allows you to easily alter different layouts, with a wide variety to choose from. On a side note Iconoclasm is compatible with “Barrel”.
Name: Iconoclasm Layout Maker
Iconoclasm Layout Maker takes Iconoclasm to a whole new level. This app gives you the ability to create your own completely custom layouts for your springboard. Even if you are not into theming this would be an awesome app to have!
On a side note: You can use “Springtomize2″ to resize your icons to fit your need.
Download Hundreds Of Free Themes
With iThemeSky App, you can easily download and install themes from iThemeSky on your iDevice. Then apply the themes in winterboard or dreamboard, your iDevice will out of the ordinary.
- Compatible iPhone/iPod Touch with iOS 4.x – 5.x
- Filtered themes by iDevice (iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 4 …)
- Filtered themes by theme’s features (App Icon, lockscreen, dailer, sbstettings skin, weather widget …)
- One click download theme, One click install theme.
Install iThemeSky App
Get iThemeSky App via Cydia
The simplest way to add iThemeSky App to your iDevice is to add our repository directly in Cydia. To do that only a few stepsare required.
1 – Launch Cydia and go to the “Manage” tab in the menu
2 – Click on “Sources” then “Edit” and “Add”
3 – Add The Source: http://apt.ithemesky.com/
That’s it! Go back to the “Changes” tab, download iThemeSky app and start enjoying great themes.
How to edit a themes weather widget location
Most themes that feature a weather widget will use a yahoo weather location code to display the current weather. Others can sometimes use just your zip code and city name and state. If you have a theme that requires you to use the “Yahoo Weather Code” follow the video tutorial below to find yours!
Click HERE to get your code!
After you find your code, you will then need to edit your theme to change its location. The easiest way to do this is with iFile.
Your themes are located in this directory> /var>stash>themes. You might have only one folder containing your themes or more, everybody’s iDevice’s may vary.
After you “SAVE” the file you can exit iFile and manually respring your iDevice with NCSettings or SBSettings (examples).
DONE, but keep in mind most themes are designed differently, you might need to edit other files to get widgets working correctly.
MORE CONTENT coming soon! Stay tuned in